Welcome to my new blog!
Hello and welcome to my blog! Thank you for stopping by!
Here you will find my thoughts and opinions on user research, product design, service design, and digital strategy. I’ll talk about some of the projects I have been fortunate to work on and how the research artefacts and insights I generated are applicable to the design challenges facing other businesses and organisations. I’ll also link out to and comment on the articles and resources that I have found particularly helpful. And occasionally I’ll share some of the lessons I’ve learned throughout my career - for example, why adaptability and flexibility are the two most important skills in the digital economy.
To prepare for the launch of my blog, I spent time thinking about various topics I would like to talk about. Over the first three months, I will be discussing:
- The dangers of the “digital native” myth
- Why the difference between digital confidence and digital literacy matters
- The importance of the virtual learning environment for student satisfaction scores
- How the Google Play and App Store experiences impact the user experience of third-party mobile apps
- Design artefacts that challenge stakeholder assumptions
I hope you enjoy reading my blog. And please feel free to get in touch with your thoughts and feedback.